* * * * * *
and at 9:36 EDT today we got a new quote:
I actually see these two quotes are, in a way, related. A nice reflection from David ~ as we near his one year anniversary of service. Nice of him to think to send us some inspiration today. I’ll take it 🙂
* * * * *
Just Two Weeks (or less) Left!
No Matter How Far is almost here! Two more weeks and we will have the lastest and greatest CD in our hot little hands or electronically on our hot little iTunes folders.
Either way works for me (until of course I get the physical CD in my hot little hands).
Some fans may get their NMHF CD’s early! TOTALLY JELLUS!!!!
* * * * *
Gifting program announced!
We now have a number of generous donors of CDs…so we are ready to announce the:
No Matter How Far Gifting Program
Until stock runs out, we are opening up requests for CDs from those who cannot get access to No Matter How Far since it is not distributed in your country AND/OR you are not able to receive it due to financial considerations.
Please send an email request for a single CD with the subject line
“No Matter How Far Request”
to email@example.com. We need your FULL NAME and FULL MAILING ADDRESS in the email.
And we ask that you be patient as donors do not have CD’s yet, and some take longer to arrive than others. We won’t be able to answer inquiries about when CDs are mailed out because that will be based upon donors, many of which will remain anonymous.
We would love to hear from all recipients by tweet or email when the CD arrives and know what you think of the CD!!!
Thank you again to all the generous donors!
* * * * *
You are beautiful, Como La Flor
Second last song to vote on for our virtual concert! What an amazing surprise that David added the snippet of this song from his youth, based upon a fan request. He went from being nervous, cautious and apologetic about this in San Antonio to more confident in SLC. Watch the transformation. But David’s nerves and desire to do the song justice is SOOOO ENDEARING! And he hits it out of the park every time. And the fans respond with honest praise.
If there was ever a reminder of how much we miss David in concert, this song is it.
Okay then, here we go!
1. Submitted by DavidFTFOD, here is a great Como La Flor from San Antonio, the first time he sang it on his solo tour. Video by erikcray. “Wait, my mom is here. What should I sing, Mom?”
And here is a fun find: Debbie posted her story in our comments that I re-printed below that SHE requested a song in Spanish and the Fan Concert Vid shows a glimpse her! And her teddy bear! TOO GOOD!
2. Submitted by Shelley @Shell_eeeyyy. And she is the videographer! Always shy and a bit embarrassed to start, David laces right into that verse and chorus and the crowd goes wild! Amazing quality close up and sound! And the ending! Tooo much!
3. As sent in by Martha @mlpb3. Video also by umechaz (Martha). This is in Albuquerque and taken from the balcony. Thanks to djhsail too for sending a similar one. The audio here is great and the fans are LOUD!!!!!
4. Another from Albuquerque. This is from Martha’s daughter Emily and it was just discovered last night! Great great close up and perfect audio; you can hear the fan reaction very well. You can almost see David’s thought process as he sings here, cutting out the verse in favour of the chorus. Thanks so much Martha for digging this up!
5. As sent in by Jana @Jana_OR_, Reno NV from Marissa R. So much fun to see the power in the little snippet, he is in very strong voice here! “Here we go….”
6. As submitted by Pattie @attwittsend. Pomona from Starrynites01. Watch him point periodically with his left hand. He’s just tickled and giddy when he finishes singing, but this performance makes me want much more!
7. Another from Ponoma submitted by Joanie @suttygal. Video from hannicaid. A slightly different vantage point, in sepia, and great audio. I like how David asks about Latino fans at the end and gets exactly the reaction he expected!
8. Recommended by Jen @jenleighbarry. In SLC, from Almostround9. Great lighting, audio and close ups. David has polished this song now, no longer hesitant in delivery. I love this snippet too because its longer!
Tomorrow: A Thousand Miles
* * * * *
Debbie started it all
I was saying with Video No. 1, yesterday I asked you to submit fan stories, and here’s one from Debbie in comments.
I went to David’s San Antonio concert on 3-12-09 I had a blast. I live in Eagle Pass,TX a small town southwest of San Antonio. I went with my daughter and a friend to my first concert ever. We left my house at 8:00 a.m. so we could get a good spot in line. I was very excited, we waited 7 hours and it was worth the wait. David came out with a BIG smile on his face he was beautiful and the fans went wild. David sang and smiled and moved around on stage like always does.
But then came the best part I yelled at David “Estas bien chulo” which means you’re cute. A few moments later after he introduced the band I yelled “Sing in spanish”. He didn’t know what to do at first but he ended up singing a bit of “Como la Flor” and the fans went wild. This is the best part I was singing along to one of his songs and he noticed, he stopped and looked at me straight in the eyes as he continued singing.
That’s not all ~ during the intermission I threw a teddy bear onto the stage but he didn’t see it. He saw it on his way out after the last song and picked it up.
I had the most amazing time of my life, will never forget it!
SEEEEE??? Debbie was responsible for the Como La Flor addition to the setlist!!! Thank you Debbie!
Since we are reliving all of David’s concerts I just posted my anniversary recap from March 12, 2009 – San Antonio on my blog. I have a link there to my newly edited photos of the show. (Ed Note: These pics are AMAZING!!!!). Here is an excerpt:
The Scout Bar, where the concert was held, is a tiny (a heard it was the smallest venue on the tour), standing-room-only place and it was packed with crazy fans, anxious to sing along with David. One female fan standing close to the stage said, “Sing something in Spanish.” So after consulting Lupe, who had just joined him on the tour, a new beast was unleashed as David sang a snippet of “Como La Flor.” I don’t think he realized what was happening right then. I’m sure he wasn’t expecting the audience to sing along. It was an unforgettable moment for sure.
* * * * * *
Best Waiting-for-the-David-Archuleta-Concert ever!
Is that YOU, Debbie, in the vid? The girls who created this vid where priceless; too cute and soooo excited! What an adventure they had!
Girls, if you are still around, give us a shout! Love to hear from you!
* * * * * *
San Antonio Slideshows!!
Let’s start with a few images, but please scan these slideshows. Some amazing pictures!
* * * * *
A cute vid from Pocoelsy. The animals are hilarious. And some of the other images are al-right too 😉
* * * * *
Well, that post was not very lite. Enjoy your Tuesday then and help us FINISH STRONG with poll voting! We want to hear from you!
Have a great Tuesday all!